Friday, May 20, 2011

Joe & Annie's Birth Story :: Lily

Alright, pretty much the MOST amazing thing that I get to photograph is a Birth Story. It is amazing in every sense of the word!! I get to be part of the birth of a baby and capture the sweetest first moments of an infant that otherwise might not have been captured, or would be captured but by a not so wonderful camera. And I don't blame dad's for missing moments...they should be totally distracted by the new life that has entered the room. So it's my job to capture the mother's tears as she holds her newborn baby, the baby being weighted, and first family pictures! It is the BEST thing I do!!! And, this week, I was part of a very special Birth Story, my niece! Lily entered the world on Monday...here are just some of the pictures from her arrival!
Photobucket

The hallway walk to the birth room...
Photobucket

Annie was so ready to have baby Lily! She was very excited to meet her 4th baby, she has 1 girl and 2 boys at home!!
Photobucket

I LOVE all the detail shots that I am able to get at a birth! Sooo many fun ones, put together a collage of a few of them!!! I love the middle left picture..."Goal of the Day: Have a Baby!"
Photobucket

Contractions are getting stronger:
Photobucket

The epidural button...this was Annie's first epidural and she was loving it!
Photobucket

Lily is about to enter the world!
Photobucket

Annie gets to hold Lily for the first time!
Photobucket

Not happy, but such a sweet picture!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Proud Papa, Joe, gets to get a closer look:
Photobucket

FAV of Lily...such a cutie! (I might be a little biased since she is my niece. LOL!)
Photobucket

Joe's dad, Abuelo, holding Lily for the first time.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Totally candid!!! Love this one! FAVORITE OF THE DAY!
Photobucket

Joe and Annie, congrats on your newest addition to the family!!!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Annie said...

Kristen - amazing job as always!! Thank you so much - what a wonderful gift. I love all the photos.